WHAT WE DO
Denver’s Early Childhood Council works to build a strong and sustainable early childhood system that meets the needs of young children and families.
We are the leading source of training, support, and information about funding and other resources for early childhood professionals and child care programs in the City and County of Denver.
From our 2020-2021 annual report
OUR CORE FOCUS AREAS
Denver’s Early Childhood Council works at the individual, program and system level.
Working in broad partnership across agencies, silos and funding streams, Denver’s Early Childhood Council advances a seamless, effective early childhood system with children and families at the center. We guide early childhood programs to create and sustain consistent, supportive environments, while supporting individuals to enter and grow professionally in the field of early care and learning.
- Provide resources and referrals to child care programs
- Listen, learn and advance effective practices
- Build and support collaborative opportunities
- Advocate for relevant child care and workforce policies
- Promote social-emotional health and well-being
- Increase prenatal- to-3 resources
- Provide support to navigate the quality rating process
- Offer business support and technical assistance
- Convene home visitation and family, friend, neighbor programs
- Provide coaching services and group training
- Host professional development and training opportunities
- Advise and coach on early childhood career and education paths
MISSION, VISION & HISTORY
MEET OUR LEADERSHIP
Our mission is powered by a dedicated staff team, a governing Board of Directors and an Oversight Council. Get to know the people behind Denver’s Early Childhood Council.
ORIGINAL 1023 501(C)(3) TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATION
AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
ALWAYS MOVING FORWARD
“It’s fine to coordinate funds to meet as many community needs as you can. It’s much better to build a local system that is strong enough to survive the ebb and flow of funds, leadership, state and local priorities while always moving forward to build a better system for our kids. That’s what Denver’s Early Childhood Council has achieved.”
— Sharon Triolo Moloney, Colorado Department of Education (ret.), Board Vice Chair
QUESTIONS? NEED MORE INFORMATION?
We’d love to hear from you.